Friday 9 September 2016

Film Friday - Flight of the Pigeon

Hi everyone,

I am heading off to New York next week for the Etsy Seller's Advisory Board so this film seemed fitting for my Film Friday because it is set in New York.

The first few lines of the film also summed up my feelings (or lack of!) for pigeons but I found it really beautiful how the artist Duke Riley talks about taking time to look at the world around you.

This film totally shifts your perspective from viewing pigeons as mundane, ugly and something you ignore to a creature of beauty, resilience and intelligence.

The film is beautifully shot and watching them fly is somewhat mesmerising.



Flight of the Pigeon from NewYorker on Vimeo.


The Dorothy Days Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!