Monday 28 January 2013

Big achievement for The Dorothy Days

Hello everyone :),

How are you all ?! Hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a really lazy Sunday but did actually achieve quite a bit on Saturday so had a nice excuse for a proper day off. Saturday night we had a crazy amount of rain and over night it washed away all the snow. Was very strange waking up to green grass and clear roads!

I have also hit a rather big milestone in my shop.....I have finally reached 100 listings!!! Horray horray!!!! My 100th listing was a beautiful set of vintage lace bobbins :). I opened my little Etsy shop one lovely sunny August afternoon and reaching 100 listings has always been one of my biggest goals since opening. Feels wonderful to have finally achieved it and I have a feeling that this year is going to be a good one for my shop :).Reaching my goal of 100 listings has made me reflect back on how far my little shop has come since opening and it is something that I am really proud of :).

My first ever listing in my shop was this little pack of gift tags that I made. I listed them on the 15th of August, the same day as I opened my shop.
and funny enough my first ever sale in my shop was the brown version of these heart gift tags! When I got my first ever sale I was so so happy, such a great feeling. I jumped out of my chair because I was so happy! I still even to this day get a rush every time I make a sale in my shop. Back when I opened and during the first few months of my shop being open I only really had tea cups and gift tags for sale and the shop was very small with just a handful of items for sale at any one time. I didn't have any of my handmade jewellery which is crazy to think now as my jewellery makes up the majority of my shop! I also didn't have things like my twitter account or blog until much later. Really pleased that my shop has changed, evolved and grown so much in the last year and a half and hopefully this year it will continue to do so. Thank you all for your support, I couldn't have done it without it so it really means the world to me and thank you to all my fellow Etsy sellers who I have learnt so much from and who have given such wonderful advice.

Best wishes to you all :)
The Dorothy Days


11 comments:

  1. Such cute tags! I love getting a sale too! I just wish buyers were better about leaving feedback. It's the icing on the cake.
    Congrats on getting to 100 items!! Now the challenge is adding more to stay above it. I made it to 100 over the holidays, but am below again. But that's because of sales!
    Sandy
    www.savardstudios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    Your shop is just lovely and I love the variety of merchandise you carry. 100 is something to be very proud of. I'd like to get there one day. I hear it's a very important number! Continued success to you.
    ~Jayne
    Handmade Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your milestone. It's always pleasant to take a timeout from moving forward to commemorate the moment by looking back. May you have many successes on your road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reaching this milestone I have yet to even get close to! And looking back on your first listing and first sale is wonderful to share on such an occasion. =0)
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on meeting your goal! That is always such a nice feeling and yes the sales are wonderful no matter how many you get. Here's to the next 100 items in your shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 100th sale! Keep up the amazing work. :) You know that I love your shop and I am so glad that you are do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely reply :) and hope things are going well for you too.

      Delete
  7. Hooray!!!! Congrats to you!! That would be so exciting!
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!