Tuesday 3 June 2014

Working on improving my product photography!

Hello everyone!

I can't believe it is actually June! The weather certainly isn't that of June weather but I am hoping for some sunshine soon!

I thought I would share with you all today some things I have been working on over in my shop. A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to take part in an online photography webinar which taught me how to take better product photographs. I am still at the experimentation stage but already have seen improvements in my photographs which is really exciting!

Example of a before photograph....


This really does not show off my tags very well at all! The colour doesn't look correct, the lighting is poor and the angle makes the tag look a little odd!

After photograph:

Still a work in progress and there is still lots I can improve with this photograph but it is MUCH better than the previous photograph so I think I am on the right tracks! I took this photograph on a day that the weather wasn't great and the sunflowers cheered me up! One of my Twitter followers suggested I use a rose next time which I loved the idea of so will be doing soon (thanks for the suggestion!).

Please click here to view in my shop

What do you all think of the new and improved photograph? and do you have any other suggestions for improvement?

Best wishes
The Dorothy Days

2 comments:

  1. Love your note tags! The photo is bright and beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sarah, hope that you are well :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!