Friday 20 January 2012

Frozen in Time...A cold day.

Today it has been really cold and windy in England so I am wrapping up warm!! Across the other side of the world in Minnesota, Eden is also feeling the cold so made this beautiful treasury list which includes my Poole Pottery coffee cup and saucer.

This coffee cup reminds me of my childhood spent down at the beach in Poole, close to where I was brought up and also the place in which this cup was made. Poole has many beautiful beaches and is a typical British coastal town. Often on a windy day my family would wrap up warm and go down to the beach for a stroll along the seafront. The coffee set is in the Twintone pattern, a pattern which used two different colour combinations. This cup has one of the original glazes, Ice Green and Seagull, from the 1940's and for me is very much a reminder of those childhood memories down at the beach with a ice cold sea breeze, waves crashing against the shore and seagulls swooping overhead.

Here is Eden's treasury list...

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely cup and a nice story to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the colors. Totally gonna use that treasury widget maker someday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!