Thursday 24 May 2012

Feature Friday- Laura from Vintage Plus Crafts

Hello everyone.

Hasn't the last few days just been beautiful ?! Everyone seems so much more relaxed and friendly now the sun in shining! To my followers from outside the U.K, what has the weather been like where you are from? Can't believe it is the end of the week already, this week seems to have gone by so quickly. I am really looking forwards to the weekend a on Saturday I am having a BBQ with my friends. There is nothing like BBQ cooked food and this shall be our first BBQ of the summer so I am rather excited.

I am also excited because on Sunday I am going to a vintage fair. I have a stall there so shall be selling lots of lovely vintage items. I have been busy the last few weeks and have lots of new teacups (some have gone up on my Etsy site), some beautiful vintage jewellery and lots of other vintage treasures. Some will be going to the vintage fair and some I have put aside for my Etsy store so be expecting some more treasures to be uploaded soon. Vintage fairs are always so much fun and you meet such a range of people. Last time I went I had a 7 year old who was really interested in vintage items buy a vintage necklace from me which was from the 1950's and the same day had an elderly woman buy a tea set from me as it was one she had when she was younger. There is such a mix of people and its lovely chatting to customers. Lets hope the sunshine stays as it will be lovely if the sun is shining when I do the fair.


Today is Friday which means it is Feature Friday! Last week was a great success. It was lovely featuring Shannon and a massive thank you to everyone who visited her shop and left lovely comments. They really made me smile and I am sure they brought a smile to Shannon's face too.

This week I am featuring Laura from ......



Laura is from Minnesota in the United States and sells a mixture of handmade and handcrafted items as well as vintage hence the name of her shop! Laura says "I love all kinds of vintage items" and she certainly has some beautiful items in her shop. She says that her favourite kind of vintage items are items from the 1970's, hand embroidered linens and aprons.

Here are some of my favourite vintage items in her shop:

 I love this vintage cross stitch sampler from the 1980's. It would be beautiful for a child's nursery or to give as a gift to a friend who is having a baby or has a young child. I always think it is so nice to give a handmade gift as you know that nobody else would have given them the same.

This Vintage tea towel is really fun and reminds me of the summer.

Laura also is a crafter and loves to do hand embroidery. She makes dish/ tea towels, hoop art and samplers. This is a skill she has had since a child and ,now a grandmother, she hopes to pass this skill onto her granddaughter.

Here are some hand embroidered dish towels which Laura has made with different farm yard animals and the days of the week. The country girl in me loves these! They would definitely brighten up washing the dishes!!


Please take a look at Laura's shop she has some wonderful items and her hand embroidery is amazing.

The Dorothy Days

10 comments:

  1. wow, beautiful
    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, DorothyDays - you posted this around midnight UK time, here NJ/USA it is still Thursday! Talk about globalization... ;) I like feature days, one of these days I think I will have that, too. I will be checking out Laura's shop.
    Oh, and the weather? Lets just say for the past few days it has been very 'British'. Seriously, we had wonderful summer weather until Sunday night. Since then it has been rain on and off (more on than off, though). I hope it will pass for this weekend, because we had also a BBQ planned.
    Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuli- Thanks so much for stopping by.

    Lyne- Hello :)! Thanks for being my newest follower and hello from the teams. Hope you have a great weekend.

    CW- Thanks so much for your comments. I actually was rather silly and posted this a few minutes before midnight in the U.K so it comes up as Thursday on my blog.....ooops!! Silly me...I guess I was a bit too excited! It is always rather strange for me when I am Etsy as because quite a lot of my customers are from the U.S.A when I wake up in the morning quite often a whole load of activity has happened while I have been asleep. It is rather surreal but also quite exciting to be able to connect with others from across the world.

    Think we are all feeling rather smug in the U.K that for once our weather isn't typically British weather!!! Today is another day of beautiful sunshine. Hope your 'British' weather passes and you are back to sunshine for your BBQ.

    Thanks for stopping by and for taking a look at Laura's shop.
    The Dorothy Days

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage finds! I checked out Laura's shop and she has a ton of great stuff. Also, I love the dish towels here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love vintage and antiques also. She has a nice shop. I live in Alaska/USA by the ocean and yes of course it is raining here also. I am like you......when the sun shines it is wonderful and your psychy improves so much. Yeah sunshine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her vintage items are so sweet! Thanks for linking up with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the lovely messages :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following me :) and for stopping by :).

    Have a great weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much for this feature, you did an amazing job writting it up. I was at a lake cabin, but we cut it short, the weather is not good there, to stormy and more are on the way, so I am glad to be back home. thanks to all who have checked out shop and the great comments !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no Laura, sorry to hear you had to come back early from your holiday because the weather but pleased you liked the feature.

    Hope the weather picks up soon

    The Dorothy Days

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!