Monday 21 September 2015

Quote of the Week - Henri Matisse - Thinking creatively


Hello everyone,

If you read my blog regularly you will know that every Monday I post a new quote for my quote of the week. I hope that you all enjoy reading these quotes that I post. I know that lots of you who read my blog are creatives yourselves; fellow bloggers, Etsy sellers, crafters, artists and makers or creative in alternative, non-traditional ways such as within your work. So, for the next few weeks I am going to be posting quotes about creativity which I hope that you will all find inspiring.

The first quote is by the artist Henri Matisse. The more you think about this quote the truer it is. It takes courage to try something new or do something in a more creative way. I hope this week this quote will inspire you to think about new ways of looking at things and how you can add more creativity into your everyday life. Finding the courage to try something is often the hardest steps hope that you all find the courage this week to try something new. Whether that be....

* Experimenting with a new medium
* Reworking a piece which you were originally happy with but could, with some courage(!), use your creativity to rework into something else. Something bolder, more creative and different to what you usually do
 *Trying something completely new and out of your comfort zone. Perhaps working in a new style or looking at new influences
*Doing something just for you. Something that you have always wanted to learn but never have. For example, I recently tried crochet. I always say it is something I would like to do but never have given it a go. It is not something that comes natural to me and I am very very slowly learning but it is really lovely to do something for myself and make something for the sake of making it rather than making something to sell in the shop.
*Looking at how you can make something mundane and everyday into something creative.

If any of you did try anything new this week I would love to hear about it. Please let me know in the comment section below. I received a few comments recently on my blog and they really made me smile, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write them. I really appreciate it!

The Dorothy Days X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!