Saturday 14 November 2015

Christmas Gift Guide - Shopping for Children



Hello everyone!

As you have probably seen on my other social media accounts, I am super super excited about the Dorset Team Christmas Fair. I have been involved with the planning of the fair so have got to know quite a lot about the different stallholders and the products they will be selling so, for this week's Style Saturday post I wanted to share with you a gift guide I put together with some of my favourite products that are coming to the fair. 

Not local to Dorset? Each of these sellers also sell online on Etsy.com so you can also shop online! Hooray!



Buying gifts for children can be rather tricky especially if you are not completely au fait with what the latest trends and 'must have' product is but why not get them something unique this Christmas that you won't find on the high street.



Anna from The Tired Bears makes the most amazing animal tails to help enable children's imagination and promote creative play. She says " A child's imagination is so vivid and need to be nurtured and encourage, and it is so easy to strap the dragon tail around their waist and all of a sudden they are a fire breathing monster!'

Find Anna's shop on The Tired Bears on Etsy 

or, if you are local, please come along to the Dorset Team Christmas Fair on the 5th December and Anna will be bringing along her full range of different tails including unicorns, killer whales and sharks!



How adorable are these?! These circus bears are made by Claire from The Bear in the Hood. Claire also makes and sells personalised children's wear, hand knitted hats, nursery prints and teepee patterns so if you are looking for something a little different this Christmas her shop is a great place to have a look.

Find Claire's shop on Etsy Bear in the Hood

or come along to the Christmas Fair to see more of Claire's work


Get ready to welcome fairies into your home with this toadstool manor by Lizz from Mid Summer Lily.

The toadstool has been hand painted and would make a really lovely decor piece for a child's room. I have heard lots about parents using things like this as a way to comfort children who are struggling to sleep by knowing the fairies will be watching out for them.

Find Lizz on Etsy or at the Christmas Fair

The final product on my gift guide is this personalised vintage style print by Phamie from Fizzy Lemonade.

I chose this as I remember the delight I had when I was younger and someone would buy me something with my name on it. It always felt super exciting and special. This print is something the child can treasure and keep when they grow up and is as much a gift for the parents as it is for the child.

Find Fizzy Lemonade on Etsy or at the Christmas Fair 

Thanks for reading. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post as much as I have enjoyed writing it!

The Dorothy Days X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment (it makes me smile!)

Thank you!